That guy with giraffe-like legs, that’s me! Hi, I am Tanay, an architect and self-taught photographer. Originally from Pune, I am a nomad at heart. Along the way of my solo travels through the wild and the cityscapes, I observe the dichotomy of man and nature, imbibing cultural nuances of the people I meet and taking inspiration for my art.
My love for travel, photography, and architecture is linked with a common thread of minimalism. I am captivated by anything that conveys more through less. If an idea can be encapsulated in a single element then why should we overcrowd a space? As a photographer too, I incorporate subtlety into the composition of my shots. And I travel light, literally and metaphorically, so that I can fill myself up with what every new journey and destination has to offer. Exploring my inner fortitude by relying less on things and more on experiences, I push myself to accept challenges.
Collaborating with architects, photographers and artists around the globe, I take up multiple projects, with one aim in mind: to positively impact, in my small way, as many lives as I can.
- Working with Bijoy Jain, Studio Mumbai
- Got a scholarship for ‘Design Discovery’ at Harvard University Graduate School of Design, completing in 2019.
- Studied Bachelor of Architecture at PVP College of Architecture, graduating in 2018.
- Interned with Bijoy Ramachandran, Hundredhands in 2017.
- 6th FAPA Fine Art- Amateur Nominee
- Title Winner – Asia Young Designer Award 2018-19 Architecture Category, Singapore
- Gold Award – Asia Young Designer Award 2018-19 Architecture Category, India
- ‘Honourable Mention of the Year’ by Eyewin Photography Awards
- ‘Academic Excellence Award’ by Indian Institute of Architects
- Selected in top 8 at ‘Mimansa – dialogue and deliberation on architectural thesis’
- Selected for ‘PCERF Urban Design Student Competition’
- Nominee for ‘NDTV Design & Architecture Students Award’
- Awarded by Governor of Sikkim for cycling campaign ‘From Free India to Green India’
- ‘Shabaash Pune- Youth Inspires Youth’ by Life School
You’ll see him walking alone
In an instance here, in another gone
They call him an artist
Some say he is a creator
Of spaces, words and emotions
Some say he is a wanderer
His feet have no path, only motion
He won’t be difficult to spot
But it isn’t easy to make him stop
No storm, no roadblock, no injury
It’s not that he is in a hurry
Do you have a device to capture time?
A story to share? Or maybe a rhyme?
Then he will pause, for a man to man,
And especially, if you need a helping hand
They call him a gypsy
Some say he doesn’t know the world
He breaks rules and traditions
Some say he can see the entire world
From the front seat of his two wheels
Someone wise, Someone foolish.
Someone different. Someone common.
One amongst many.
But still, someone.
His world is black and white
His mind is full of colours bright
And somewhere in the midst, where its grey
You’ll find a tall weird lad called Tanay.